Saturday, January 5, 2008

First Date

I am sure that in a few hours I will be much more enthusuastic about my Return To Dating, but right now, 1/2 hour before my first date IN 2 YEARS, I am hating my ex-husband for ever leaving me. Seriously. That ended 11 years ago & I would never consider reuniting, but THAT sounds a hell of a lot simpler that suddenly taking a serious & doubtful look at EVERY PHISICAL THING about myself, not to mention thinking I was thinking I looked pretty hot until I get down to the shoes. When was the last time my shoes mattered?? And if it's winter, do you wear shoes or boots on a first date? Who knows these things? I need a dateing fairy.

Such self doubt. I should be jumping for joy that a guy 15 years younger that me thinks I am beautiful. Flattering, yes. Though within the context of that being something he shared at about 2 AM at a bar, time will tell. I am off for drinks with the X Man.

No comments: